Makaton at your venue
Recommended forGroups of individuals needing a similar level of Makaton training.
VenueWe can teach to groups of between 6 and 20 people so need a room that will comfortably contain your group. We can bring the equipment we need to teach.
- Develop awareness of the use of non verbal communication.
- Experience the feelings and emotions associated with a communication difficulty.
- "What is Makaton?"
- Find out how Makaton can help communication to be more meaningful and effective for individuals with communication difficulties.
- Learn about key word signing.
- Develop ability to use the signs and symbols learnt in this workshop in own environment.
- Find out about Makaton resources available to support users learning and further Makaton training available.
Course contentThis session can give a general insight into what Makaton is and who uses it with the added opportunity to learn some starter signs and symbols too! We try to make our training fun and interactive, and provide the opportunity to discuss ideas on how you could use Makaton.
Participants receive handouts covering the vocabulary they have learned and general information regarding further Makaton training and Makaton resources.
Duration: 2 hours to 3 days depending on course required
Course fee: £350 per day.
All courses provided by Eg (Training) Ltd are taught by a Licensed Makaton Regional Tutor. Official Makaton manuals and certificates are included in the fee.